Monday, July 25, 2005

Sides

Upside: My slow cooker chicken thighs, shredded and stuffed into tortillas with pinto beans, black olives, and sour cream were SO good. I even just now realized that I should have added cheese. Anyhow they look promising for the next day or two - and if they fail, I have buns and BBQ sauce!

Downside: I was so looking forward ALL DAY to seeing an episode of Las Vegas tonight that I had never seen. NBC, however, forgot to turn on their sound all night, so I couldn't watch it (you know how muted TV makes me nervous).

Upside: Showing on TBS opposite the muted Las Vegas was an episode of Friends that, believe it or not folks, I had never seen before! The 3rd episode ever - The One with the Thumb...

And THAT my good buddies is what I call my silver lining...

Oh Oh! Another Upside! My yahoo radio station has this album called "Motown Remixed" that I rated a 4 immediately... the songs on it are so FUN and I keep hearing new ones! Jackson 5 is jammin' right now w/ I Want You Back to a funky beat....funky enough that I want to get up and dance more than usual, but not too funky that it's all DJ and scratchy like late night Saturday night radio stations (though those can be fun too sometimes)...

5 Comments:

At 27/7/05 12:21 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

1. I watched that episode of Friends too (although I had seen it before, surprise)
2. I think cooking for 1 sucks too, which is why I don't ever cook. Although if I do, melted cheese tends to be involved.
3. I've never heard of the movie Titus.
4. I think your blog is cute and am glad that it is keeping you sane.

 
At 27/7/05 10:08 PM, Blogger Greg said...

Hey darlin - I WANT THAT CD! Sounds like a great time. I know how you get up and dance, so you most be really jamming away if this cd "inspires" you.

 
At 3/8/05 1:12 AM, Blogger Cladeedah said...

I'm a HUGE fan of the slowcooker. It could make an old shoe fall apart in your mouth. Mmmmm....

 
At 3/8/05 7:36 AM, Blogger allison said...

Perhaps you can teach me your secrets someday, oh wise slow cooker queen... Most of the time I cook the living daylights outta things and they end up SO tough even though I follow the directions exactly! Then I'm sad and hungry.

 
At 3/8/05 10:42 AM, Blogger Shannon said...

It's all about the slow cooker. Skip the old shoe and go straight to the pot roast.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home