Thursday, August 04, 2005

kinda sad

All dressed up again, but this time I got to go out! Met Scott, Ryan, Justin, and Derek for beers and then a very nice dinner. It's been a hell of a summer, and I was often given strange jobs in my role of Jill-of-all-trades...digging up plants along side a highway, hiking through the woods looking for cypress trees around a lake, picking ticks off of me one by one in the Jamestown woods, organizing and sorting the entire project budget, finding a taxidermist that would freeze dry silkworms... but I'm going to miss this place and these people. Ryan said that I'm the only one that ever gets "going away dinners." I figured I should just come and go more often because those are the fancy nights :-)

I just can't believe this could be it for me and this city. Not that I'm so attached, but still. This was my first real job last time I worked here - my first real time functioning fully on my own. Lonely, but it's a great feeling to know you can take care of yourself.

Speaking of taking care of myself, mom's coming down tomorrow to help me move my apartment back up to Georgia. Then it's back to Tennessee in about a week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home